Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy Hour in Saturn's Orchard

So I’m headed to Cali for some weekend fun, but before I go I wanted to spread some good cheer via my first posted cocktail recipe.* My girly, Lyndsay, sent me this one, and I thought it would be fun since it was created here in Vegas … and I actually have all these ingredients. {G} If (you’re of age and) you happen to try it, let me know what you think! Oh, and as Lyndsay points out: Look at all the ingredients with antioxidents in them! Your body will thank me!

Rosy Pom

The Rosy Pom was created for the Erotic Café inside the ZUMANITY Theatre at New York-New York in Las Vegas. Zumanity is a provocative cabaret-style production with a Cirque du Soleil twist. This playful cocktail, made with SEX Vodka and rose nectar, is the perfect drink to get you in the mood for a sexy show.

1.5oz Sex Vodka.
5oz Sence Rose Nectar.
5oz Cointreau
1oz Cranberry Juice
Splash of POM pomegranate juice

Combine ingredients with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a rose pedal.

(Note from Vic: personally I’m skipping the rose pedals, since I think they meant to say PETALS, and I don’t endore drinking and driving. And not to be a grouch or anything – especially in light of such a great recipe – but I don’t care how sexy your show is… don’t evah tell me what kind of vodka to drink. Kay, thanks.)

*Cover flats to be given away next week. Priorities, yanno! {G}

13 comments:

Lindsay York Levack said...

It still looks yummy! I have vodka & cranberry juice and I think I'll be having some tonight.

Say, I heard about the fire at the Monte Carlo. Sounds like something out of one of your books. ;o)

Denis said...

Two years, no, three years later and I STILL can't believe I missed the opportunity to go with my friends Mooncat, Allaine and Princess Alexandria while we were attending the Gathering of the Gargoyles Convention in Vegas! RAHHH!

Anyway, it sounds like a tasty cocktail, too bad I react badly to vodka. Skipping the drunkness, straight to hangover (and that's the best case. might be allergic, maybe?)

Personnally, my poison of choice is La Fée Bleue Absynth.
It's not as potent as the original brand (which is a good thing, I don't fancy loosing more neurons and sanity), but it's so tasty.

Safe trip, Vicki, and enjoy yourself!

Chandra Rooney said...

Bring your umbrella and your wellies! :)

synde said...

Yum it sounds great..A little like a pom-tini. I don't go in for rose pedals either(snerk)! Even tho we are not allowed to tell yo what kind of vodka to drink, it's still all about the GREY GOOSE!!!!!heh!
Have fun in Calli it's pretty wet tho'
Synde

Harry Markov said...

Oh, this sounds tasty and sexy! Great cocktail recipe. Yum. Have fun and behave now! Hah!

Vicki Pettersson said...

LINDSAY - I stuck with a bone dry martini last night. I was in a mood. {g} I saw the fire from my backyard. This giant plume of black smoke rising from the Strip. R called to tell me it was the Shadows. {wry g}

DENIS - you're the first person I know to call absynth tasty. {g} I do like the ritual of it, though. Rather like Japanese tea, if more potent. My condolances on the vodka!

CHANDRA - We postponed at the eleventh hour. Next weekend looks to be better weather, so I'm going to stay put and _write_.

SYNDE - Goose is smooth, I'll give you that. But I'll always be a Belvedere girl. {g}

DAYDREAM - I'm going to stay home and misbehave with my characters. Whee!

Chandra Rooney said...

So you didn't bring the sun this morning, Vic? *g*

(To be fair, they're saying tonight is when that third system will hit.)

Catch those words! ;)

synde said...

But I'll always be a Belvedere girl. {g}>>>
Im sad to say I have never had
Belvedere..perhaps some drinking is in order! Sorry about the Monte Carlo! keep away from the Shadows!
Synde

Kim Castillo said...

Dumb question but is Sex just the brand of vodka or is it a flavor? And where the heck do you buy rose nectar? The cran, pom and vodka sound yummilicious!

Candace said...

Do you have a non-alcoholic cocktail for us not yet blessed to be of age? :D

Vicki Pettersson said...

SYNDE - It's okay about the MC...it's not my hotel! {wry g}

KIM - Sex is apparently the brand in this instance. Alas. {snort}

FREEDOM STAR - No.
Just kidding.
Shirley Temple.
Just kidding.
(Actually, I love Shirley Temples.)
Let me think onnit. I'm come up with something gooood for you and post it next time!

DestructoGirl said...

Sounds good but I don't have some of those ingredients! I did hear someone talking of a PomMargarita that I will have to try. My favorite drink with a new twist! And finally I saw an ad for JC Black Medallion tequila, Coke and a slice of lime. Never thought of those two together but sounds refreshing.

I'm sounding like a lush!

Just call me Margarita Mendi.

Vicki Pettersson said...

Mendi,

PomMargarita:

2 oz Pama
1 1/2 oz tequila
1/2 oz triple sec
Fresh line juice
splash of simple syrup

Shake and serve over ice in margarita glass. Lime garnish.

Yum! (Can't wait for the warmer weather!)