Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Who let the cats out?

Roguesmall.bmp.jpg

Um, Mira. That's who. 

So you've all read STRAY, right? Here's the long awaited sequel (long awaited by me, anyway), and I picked it up on release day, yesterday, and sat down in the bookstore to start reading immediately. I missed Faythe! I suppose I have a weakness for young women who know their own minds and sport tongues sharper than my favorite stilettos, but it's great to get back into her world (I understand the Marc love, but OMG, one word for you, kids: JACE.). I love reading about someone who is perfect in their imperfections - a work-in-progress, if you will - which is how I feel pretty much all of time. {wry g} Not to mention I respect and genuinely like Ms. Vincent herself. (Even if she won't tell me her secret to writing faster!) You'll never meet a nicer person, and her regular blog posts show just how much she values her readers and enjoys her job. So if you're in need of an UF fix, Faythe is your girl. I know what I'll be doing tonight. Thanks Rachel!

12 comments:

Chandra Rooney said...

...is it wrong of me to have a passing curiosity to know if anyone has written Ethan and Jace slash?

Faythe kicked some serious tail in ROGUE.

cat said...

I thought this came out in April! Argh! I was just at the store yesterday (buying Zodiac book one AGAIN since my first one has mysteriously vanished into thin air. Although I could say I was just making sure you got extra royalty cheques just because of me....)

I am currently in a massive Young Adult reading phase and am trying post book reviews like crazy on my book blog - a book a day over the 4--day long weekend! AND painted a really big room! I'm so accomplished. Heh!

Vicki Pettersson said...

CHANDRA - Yes. Wrong on every level. {G}

CAT - Shoot, girl! Go back and get it! It's worth the trip, trust me!

Alan Morgan said...

Hmm, the image doesn't seem to be loading here.

Yes, Rogue was a very very very good read. Which reminds me, how long until Zodiac book 3 comes out again?? :)

Rachel Vincent said...

Awwww, thanks Vicki. Words fail me. Seriously.

Here, not in the novel. There are plenty of words in the book. ;-)

Chandra Rooney said...

It's just a passing curiosity, Vic. It's not like I'm writing some. I would never do that. (Especially not if someone else wanted to do it better for me.) *innocent look*

Oh, and I bet Rachel can write so fast because she has a magic keyboard that doesn't fight with her every time she wants to use the 'o' key.

Candace said...

Rogue was out on shelves early. I picked up my copy on sunday or monday. Faythe was awesomeness. There was one particular scene that i shall not mention that had me rolling around laughing. My mom didn't know why I was laughing so much while reading a book.

Harry Markov said...

I want Rogue badly!! Great book!
PS: Vicki stop by my blog to see the review I posted up on Scent of Shadows!

Cindy said...

Hi Vicki:

I've just bought myself STRAY for my birthday, it came the other day. Now I'm thinking I need to move it to the top of my TBR pile...

Rachel V. Olivier said...

I'm a Jace fan, myself. Marc - not so much. If I met him in real life I think he would just piss me off all the time.

But Jace.....now Jace is fun and sexy.

Rhea said...

I read the first Rachel Vincent book, but not the second yet...it's out already? I can't wait to read it! (and eagerly awaying Zodiac 3!) I mailed my sister in California both my Zodiac books, and she loved them!

Andrea ^^ (Photo Girl) said...

Annoyingly enough I have yet to read even the first book! My need to save money has prevented me from buying it. T.T But on the other hand it's so I can goto Australia. But GOD I want to read that book!

Lots of love,
Andrea
The Little Photo Girl