Friday, June 27, 2008

Shameless

Or is it?


So, when you're extremely excited about a new book, even if it was written by a long-time friend, is it shameless to put up a giddy post about it? Because Joanna Bourne's new historical romance, MY LORD AND SPYMASTER, is out today! As I said, Jo is a friend, but she's also somewhat of a mentor to me. We've spent years together on Compuserve's Books and Writer's forum, and she has probably forgotten things about crafting fiction that I've yet to learn. She's. That. Good. Get thee to a bookstore. (And for more with Ms. Bourne, check out her interview on Susan Adrian's blog.)

In other news, I'm happy to announce I'm finishing up the next book in the Zodiac series - just fiddling with formatting and niggling bits now - and I'll send that off to my editor this weekend. I'm not sure it's hit me yet that I'm done, but I have a light, dizzy feeling which I remember from putting all my books to bed, and it feels good. Next up: the immediate gratification of a short story. Ah, luxury!

And now a writerly hint: Drink Fuze! Seriously, the green tea with ginseng. Does the trick every time. It keeps me awake and aware, but without the jitters that too much coffee can bring. It's my new secret weapon.

See, and you thought Rachel Vincent gave good advice. Ha!

More bits and pieces of news to come, but they can all be combined in another post.* I've a book to ship off.

*Except to say that I can't wait until Jocelyn Drake's NIGHTWALKER comes out in August! I read it in ARC form, but I need to get my grubby hands on that pretty little cover. And it's coming out right after all the big stuff is cleared from my plate. I'll be in the mood for a good read by then! 

10 comments:

Heather Harper said...

"See, and you thought Rachel Vincent gave good advice. Ha!"

You're a hoot! ;-)

I will try the tea, though.

Vicki Pettersson said...

Shh, Heather. Don't tell Rach! {wink}

Anonymous said...

So cool to hear you've finished the next Zodiac book. Congrats! I just read TOUCH and absolutely LOVED it!! Wow... *is happy*

In other happy news, I am excited to tell you that I've just signed with Miriam Kriss! *jumps up and down* Yeah, I'm still over-excited about it all. :)

Susan Adrian said...

Of course it's not shameless. Silly. Authors are allowed to have reader-love too.

Congrats on finishing!

Jocelynn Drake said...

Congrats on finishing up the newest book and thanks for the mention! I'm anxiously counting down the days.

Candace said...

May I mention how insanely jealous I am that you got to read Jocelynn's book, Nightwalker?

Also, congratulations on finishing up the latest! Woo-hoo!

Heather Harper said...

How many Fuse do you drink in a day?

I can't believe how well this stuff works to keep me alert! Added bonus is no tummy ache from acidic coffee.

Me and my tummy thank you. ;-)

Vicki Pettersson said...

Yay, Kaz! Welcome to the fold! I remember Chandra bragging on the way you were pounding out your goals and I thought, "Oh, this girl is going somewhere." Yay for you! *muah*

Freedom star - Be jealous. Be very jealous. {eg} It really is that good. I can't wait for the rest of the world to read this - then I have people to talk about it with.

Heather - LOL. I done tol' ya! I try to restrict myself to one a day, so I'll have my regular morning coffee, and use this around 2 pm when I start to fade. I made the mistake of opening one at six the other night as I worked and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't tired at my normal bedtime. I felt _great_. It's hard to limit myself because it goes down like water. I think it's the ginseng that does it.

OMG, they should pay me for pimping them, huh?

Glad you like it!

Karen Mahoney said...

*smooches back* ;)

Thanks very much! I still can't believe it. *pinches self*

Nope. Still doesn't feel real. Haha...

Cheers,
Kaz

Excavation Contractors Lawton said...

Very nice blog you have herre